Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Maurice - Before the battle

Hi,

here are some pics of the gaming table I also had to build for our test game on saturday.

I didn´t have a table yet. I always played at friends and was allowed to use their tables.

So it was time to build an own one.




The white strings you can see are to represent the zones for attachment.
At the ends of these strings I knotted two nails which can be sticked into holes I drilled into the sides of the table. 
So I won´t have to measure the zones every game.
I just will have to fix the strings with their nails and the table is ready for action.

I often thought about a way to avoid the measurement of the attachment zones with laying markers on the edges of the zone. 
I think this solution will work very well.

Cheers
Mike

13 comments:

  1. That looks great! I'm really looking forward to this! I have French reinforcements on my table.:-)

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool ! I´m very excited to see your reinforcements in natural. :)

      I just bought proviant for the weekend today so the generals and the armies itself won´t be thirsty or starving. :)

      Mike

      Delete
  2. Currently on my desk is a regiment of infantry + a cannon + a command figure which should have me with at least 2 infantry, cannon and command to add on Saturday.

    Ahh yes chilled drinks and a bit of dinner always is welcome with all that powder in the air....:-)

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is good news. I won´t be able to finish a command figure for the French till saturday. And also the infantry and cannon are very good news.

      Delete
  3. I am wondering if there is still space left in the room for having some drinks together:-)))

    cheers
    uwe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Uwe,

      as we are going to have best weather for a honorable battle on saturday we will use the terrace of my parents. The advantage of this is, that the BBQ-grill will be in short reach. :)

      Cheers
      Mike

      Delete
  4. great looking figs! I want to give Maurice a try sometime too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your minis are really impressive, and the table seems really nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Out of interest, do you not use the Notables for Maurice? I find its a way to add some extra flavour to the armies... while adding problems to deal with later haha..

    Your board looks awesome, I'm looking forward to having a permanent table of my own soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you FireStorm.
      We won´t use the notables for our test game, I guess. But we surely will do in further games.

      Delete
  7. It looks splendid! I am so jealous!!! I so wish to have partners for wargaming on big tabltops here.
    Please post pictures from the Maurice game.
    Monseigneur

    ReplyDelete