Friday, August 10, 2012

Neuf-Brisach - A short trip to a Vauban fortification

Hi,

Last week my wife, my daughter and I took a short trip to some friends in Lörrach, near the swiss border and also near to the Alsace. 

On our way home we stopped at Neuf-Brisach, a town that was planned by Vauban as a fortification. Here are some impressions of this fortification. Further information can also be found here, but there are a lot of more websites about this interesting town.

Vauban chose the area for building his MasterClass fortification.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuf-Brisach







This pictures shows our daughter standing in front of one of those impressive walls. 
Tatjana is 1,58m tall so you can imagine the height of the wall.










One day I´ll have to build something like a Vauban-fortification for my gaming board. :)

Cheers

Mike


1 comment:

  1. WoW! That looks really cool! I need to see that one day!

    Cheers
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete